Tuesday 5 July 2011

Unnoticed...



I sometimes think about the things I took for granted: little things that in the moment mean very little until they are denied: and upon reflection the inconsequential little nothings of days gone by take on a magnified significance that makes me feel as if I sometimes wasn’t actually present in the act of living my own life.
I feel as if so many years were wasted going through the motions: years that are marked by grand events and achievements that account for mere days or sometimes even hours and no matter how hard I try, I cannot piece together what I did with the rest of the time.
Huge chunks have disappeared and not through a loss of memory, but simply because I didn’t think that what I was doing at the time was memorable enough to remember.

Another second fades away and is gone, without a backward glance and no goodbye; forever.

No comments: