Friday 29 July 2011

FLAWED


The pale winter sun caresses my skin
Glistening harshly on the puddles
Already evaporating, being absorbed
Into the rich dark soft mud
Where birds feed, pecking gingerly as they chirp
Evergreen leaves and bare branches
Swaying imperceptibly in the slight breeze
And beyond in the crisp blue sky
Wispy white clouds drift lazily
Beneath the all seeing mountains’ arms.

Surrounded by such sobering splendour
I am a part of the beauty of nature
Just another organism in the mud and mulch
A speck in the sky, on the breeze, through the trees
Just another isolated part of the majesty
That exists with and without me
Just another creature, another living thing
Neither possessing nor possessed
No different and quite un-unique.

With no make-up or brand names
No fashionable attire to which I aspire
No preconceived attitude and no material desire
I am naked and am thus able to feel
Stilled and silent I am able to perceive
The ghastly nature of your beauty
All painted and plastered with mirthless smiles in passing
Unseeing, untouched and unrelieved
Not in tune with your surrounds
Convinced that your will can subdue your environment
But what you imagine to be your beauty
Is nothing more than a vacuous ugliness
Hastily decorated and utterly exposed
Revealing the cracks in the grotesque façade
That you try so hard to conceal.

I prefer the still beauty of nature
Majestic, splendorous and perfectly flawed:
I detest the revolting nature of beauty
With its deceptive and fatal allure.

No comments: