Sunday 24 July 2011

Fuckable...


Strange strangers in my head
Avoiding the things
That should not be said
Because it’s not appropriate
And I am still a reprobate.

Your eyes, your smile
The presence that lingers
Just for a while
I reach out and touch your finger
Your hand, your arm
The soul means no harm
This presence imparts a calm
That belies the depth of passion.

This unquenchable lust for life
For loving and giving;
To create and disseminate
To express with beauty
What could have been hate.

These little things that I embrace
This smile that defines this face
The polluted breath that I take in
Reduces my desire to a sin.

This moment begs to be defined
I am present it seems
But is my state of mind
A consequence
Or an abstraction of truth?

With all due respect
And I say this without regret,
Fuck you my love
Fuck you for fucking me while you did
Instead of loving me always
Giving me always
Being you always
Fleeing me always.

I run too
I run away from memories of you
Thoughts of us
Too many broken hearts
That you could once mend
Then bent into little pieces
Beyond your skill to repair.

The despair always fades
Even when I have nothing
To share with anyone
Of consequence; all nonsense
This life I live
Defined by another sentence.

I tell myself I shouldn’t care
But I was there
When you said forever
You meant never again
This pain drives me sane
Just because you chose
You made your choice
At least you enjoyed it
I hope.

No comments: