Sunday 17 July 2011

Mister Magic


                                                                     Image by Herb Ritts

The father, the son, the Madiba magic
Hard as it was, your life is not tragic
An icon, an inspiration, a patriarch indeed
And not only since you’ve been freed.

Each time I see you from within the crowd
I am overcome and truly proud
To witness such enduring honour and wisdom
Helps me understand the responsibilities of freedom.

Your life is a testament, a symbol of hope
Opening doors and extending the scope
Redefining the limits of one man’s potential
Your voice in this world is vitally essential.

To me you will always be the one
A father figure even though I am not your son
An example to all of how to live a full life
Irrespective of the reality and strife.

So much to so many in your humble way
How I hope and wish and pray
That all you signify is never swept away
At the dawning of the inevitable new day.

No comments: