Thursday 11 August 2011

RECOLLECTIONS OF LOVE


I recall the first time we met
It was a windy autumn, mid-week morning
Your eyes shining, your smile true
Your voice, your hair and the most beautiful peasant skirt
Because its fabric caressed your body.

I recall the first time we made love
Urgent and lustful; yet whispering and tender
A perfect kiss immersed in the deep well of our being
Our bodies entwined, our souls’ dance explored
A fateful union consummated, living complete.

I recall the first time we were apart
I was home with another that ended too late
And then it was you in the arms of the other
Yet we danced still, sad and hopeful, flirting
With thoughts and dreams of a different time.

I recall the first kiss again
Steeped in years of unexpressed desire and emotion
Allowed for just a moment to live enough
To be able to reignite the smouldering passion
Giving substance to these recollections of love.

No comments: