Thursday 4 August 2011

DON'T TELL ME ABOUT PEACE


Please don’t get me wrong because I am not a racist
I have had many friends of all colours over the years
I believe that we are all people
But I don’t go and visit with blacks and coloureds
Because we are just not the same.

Please don’t misunderstand me because I am not prejudiced
I treat everyone equally irrespective of where they are from
I believe that we should all be able to work for a living
But these foreigners should have stayed in their own countries
Because they are taking money from the poor.

Please don’t think I am like every other man because I am not chauvinist
I’ve never raised my hand to anyone in my life
I believe we all have our roles to play
But a woman must know her place in society
Because I work hard to put food on the table everyday.

Please don’t accuse me of fraud just because I am taking my share
I have never stolen a cent from anyone in my life
I believe we should all be able to work and live with dignity
But creating jobs and building houses takes time
Because there’s too many poor people who need help.

Please don’t assume that I don’t care about anyone else
I always give to the needy if, what and when I can
I believe that no one should suffer or go hungry
But these people should begin to realize that they have it easy
Because they at least don’t have debts or overdrafts and loans to repay.

Please don’t tell me that it’s all because of history
I can imagine what it must have been like for you
I believe that apartheid was wrong and I’m sorry
But it’s been over for almost three decades now and we have to move on
Because nowadays we are all equal and we can’t keep blaming the past.

Please don’t suggest that it’s my fault that you have no hope
I didn’t vote the ANC into power or make these new laws
I believe in the rainbow nation and a better future for all
But you can’t blame me when your new government is corrupt
Because I just want my family to be safe and to live in peace.

No comments: