Friday 16 September 2011

Gwi tells Sasha about Love - Gwi's Version of Why he had to Retire on the Thirteenth Morning....

“Everyone deserves to find happiness my dove, but it is pure foolishness to expect to find it through someone else. It’s the same with love; everyone always says how much they love whoever else, but no one actually can tell you exactly what they mean because the whole concept of being in love is pure vanity. “
“That’s a bit harsh.”
“Not really if you think about it. I mean take the words I love you. If you break it down, you can write an autobiographical thesis about just who ‘I’ is. Only then can you move on to love because love doesn’t exist autonomously somewhere out there; it only exists within the individual. So without a true knowledge of the self to begin with, you cannot even begin to define what love is and what it means to love or to be in love. And then, after all of that, you have to start from the very beginning to get to know the person you claim to be in love with. It’s insane and quite presumptuous to even begin to imagine that it is truly possible to remove your own needs and wants so much that it is not a defining part of any relationship. I mean you don’t say to someone, you are loved by me: you say I love you. I first, then you afterwards: that’s just how it is.”

No comments: