Tuesday 9 April 2013

An Ode to Whiskey





These late night libations
Warm comfort for my soul
Hanging out and drinking
I don’t want to go home.

Been staring since morning
Into your golden come-hither eye
And the lip of this glass
Is my temptress’ smile.

These late night libations
Liquid kisses for my soul
I’d rather spend my time with you
I don’t want to go home.

When no-one else had the time
You always stuck around
And always when they closed the door
Your hot embrace is what I found.

So pop that cork and fill me up
Let it spill over the brim
And keep singing your sweet love song
Because it helps to ease the pain.

These late night libations
Like an ever burning flame
Intoxicated conversations
That keeps me sane.

Sing to me and hold me tight
And never let me go
The sweet lullaby of your oblivion
Is all I want to know.

Just keep talking to me Amber
Keep saying that I’m okay
And one day I promise
Your love will be repaid.

No comments: