Tuesday 14 June 2011

MORE THAN LINGERING


You do more than just linger
The remembering is so much more
So much more than a mere memory
As this page is transformed into your skin
Being touched by my finger.

The taste of the wine
Each time we sat together
Close, caressing, talking
Drinking in each others’ souls
I always knew you were mine.

I gave myself to you
Even when the giving seemed a contradiction
When it looked like a lie
I shared all of me
And the sharing and giving was true.

Now I can dream again,
I can long and lust
And love again
Dream of making love to you again
And the new day will never be the same.

Filled with yearning for you
Thinking back and hoping and wishing
Remembering the past
Embracing our future
Stilled by this love for you.

Always with this love
This love that has always been yours
When I close my eyes
Each time I see a shooting star
Always for this love.

No comments: