Saturday 25 June 2011

In My Mind - A Tribute to Mister Devious


 
I had heard about the phenomenon known as Devious
Whose rhymes explored a greater consciousness
A social revolutionary
His words his artillery.

The short time we spent together
Is a joy that will last forever
They would have seen if they looked in your eyes
That it was not time for your demise.

There was too much work for you to do
Too much you knew that was true.

But even so I can’t be sad
And even though it makes me mad
I think back to the time we shared
And how you reminded me that I cared.

Your words conjured brilliant visions
About conscious decisions without divisions
Verses like blades making incisions.

For a while the future looked brighter
And my spirit felt lighter
Because you touched my soul
And reaffirmed the whole
That resides inside with beauty denied.

I remember you as you were
The sound of your voice still rings clear
In my heart and mind you will always be here
Much love and endless respect
Your life is a testimony that makes me reflect.

Your legacy will survive
As long as your words are alive
…In my mind.

No comments: