Wednesday 2 January 2008

The Plane Truth - from the musical 'Torong'

Everywhere in this one horse town
The same old shit is going down
Bunch of headless chickens running round
Screaming, frustrated, without a sound.

This shit is bigger than you and me
In order to be, you have to live you see
All this talk about how to be free
Like a troop of monkeys in a thorn tree
You stand there bleeding but none hear your plea
You get so mad that you want to flee
But your only reward is a lock and key
You lash out and sustain injury
Cause this shit’s much bigger than you and me.

And I don’t care about your past pain
Because to me it’s all the same
A kick in the head will affect the brain
Make you mad, take you over the edge
Drive you nuts, totally insane.

We’ve all had a very tough break in life
Me and you and my common law wife
We’ve survived because we’ve dealt with the strife
We’ve been kicked and shot
And I was stabbed with a knife;
But never did anyone reach out a hand
Never did anyone take a stand
All the talk about this glorious land
I’m sure you’d agree that it is so grand
But we belong to the wrong fucking band
We’ve slipped through everybody’s fingers man,
Blowing in the wind like dry sand.

So don’t talk to me about your past
Because mine certainly wasn’t a blast
The cards are dealt and the dice cast
And you and me we’ll always come last.

The aggression is in my veins
Like a lesion on my brains
The passion rains
In a session that strains
To distribute a nations gains
The people need food,
Fuck presidential planes.

No comments: