Thursday 19 March 2015

DAAI TYD


As this idyllic retreat reaches its inevitable conclusion, my thoughts return to the everyday reality that awaits us upon our return. Body and mind are rested and rejuvenated and ready for the work that lies ahead. There is a longing for the familiar and an eagerness to complete what has been simmering on the creative back-burner. The possibility of a much anticipated return to the stage; the final rewrites on the novel; the new collection of poetry; the screenplay; the ongoing collective enterprises; the domestic projects: and the plans for other journeys…

Journeys to places held dear because of the friends I left behind; journeys to places that I always wanted to see with the companion who now accompanies me; and the most exciting journeys into worlds that exist only in my imagination where the fictitious reality is constructed in order to explore themes and the lives of characters to whom I have given birth, but with whom I have not spent sufficient time. I look forward to the return to a creative madness where my life’s purpose finds form: where my human experience and the voices of my gods find expression.

This journey never ends for even after my mortal expiry, there will be the everlasting journey of consciousness of which I am only a part. It is that consciousness which speaks to me now in the constant whisper of the waves tripping onto the shore; the wind, the trees; the incessant prattle of the birds and the insects and the pigs and the dogs all speaking a foreign tongue, but one that I am able to understand – the collective voice of consciousness that I am constantly trying to decipher.


But now I yearn most for the return to a familiar silence in which lies a different dissonance; an all-together different discord against which I often have to close my ears and shut off my mind; a visible disharmony which is made more bearable by the painstaking chipping away at the glossy, but bland and blurred marketing veneer behind which is hidden a much more macabre reality that contests everything that we are intended to blindly believe. 

No comments: