Friday 20 May 2011

ONCE



Now I dance alone into the cold, dark night
The angels have departed along with the friends
I strum a guitar without any strings
But the song is silenced by my weeping.

I stumble along into the starless night
Taunted by regrets and beautiful memories
Which I hold tight lest I forget
That once the dark night was illuminated by laughter.

I fall to my knees unable to find the path
And I remain down with hands splayed
Begging forgiveness in the dark and dust
I cry but only I hear the desolation.

I remember your smiling face
I remember holding you close and letting go
I remember the pain and what I felt
So vivid even though it is no more.

I wonder and ask of the night
To grant me one more chance to believe
That what we shared was more than just a memory
That in that love was the promise of another day.

No comments: